The “1st Latin America/Caribbean Food Loss and Waste Reduction Congress” intends to lay foundations for long lasting strengthening of information exchange and to encourage collaborations to substantially reduce the serious losses and waste of food in the Latin American and Caribbean region.
The local organizing committee has prepared a program on the following themes to engage renowned speakers in keynote presentations to encourage information flow amongst participants on the implications of food losses and waste.
- Losses and wastes of food and the need for food preservation.
- Losses and wastes on grains
- Losses and wastes of fresh produce at wholesale and retail levels
- International transport and losses of grains and produce
- Losses and wastes – alternatives to evaluate
- Human resources build up and coordinated actions and cooperative work to deal with losses and waste.